Friday, November 30, 2012

I'm sewing - undies!

My first post in a very long time - I bought a new Babylock Imagine serger - Yay! What's not to like about a self-threading serger?

I bought it because - wait for it - I became interested in sewing my lin gerie. Oh yes, to the pan ties I go, and the bra. I will follow Amy's Bra-making Sew Along on Clothhabit! It may take me longer to complete it, but I ordered the pattern she suggested, the Elan 645 from Bonnie’s Pattern Shop (ebay).

I have tinkered with toiles of a panty, and bought some fab fabric from Highendfabrics on ebay. Can't wait to get started on the undies!

Have you sewn your lin gerie? How did it go?

6 comments:

Judith said...

No, as of yet I haven't given this area of sewing a go. I do have the Sew Your Own Lingerie book, have admired the pictures, but I as still daunted by the delicacy of the fabric etc. Will eagerly be waiting to see what you whip up...in the nicest possible way...J

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Oh my goodness, never thought about sewing lingerie. Can't wait to see how it goes. Hugs, Marty

Jenny said...

Cherie, thanks so much for the comment on my t shirt dress. :-) The TNT t shirt pattern I started with was Butterick 3344, which is long out of print.

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

I am still working on clothing but I'd love to know how your project turned out. By the way I see that we are neighbors. I live in the Phoenix area too. :)

Zoe said...

Good luck! What a great challenge to set yourself x

Decor To Adore said...

I just bought a pattern off of Ebay to make a few pretty slips. I just got too flustered not being able to find slips in cool cotton.
Best of luck to you and have a wonderful weekend!